Monday 1 October 2012

How we interpret the world.. (or why i'm impatient for the future)

I'm always intergued by things that help us interprite the world. In the last 5 years i've been obsessed by a series of different topics, absorbing everything and then moving on (history of the 21C, contemporary art, violent arthouse cinema, luck, coaching, homicide, facts......)

So i think there wilkl be some fundamental changes in tools that help us interprite the world. I can;t wait until nationatrust places have wifi so i can check wikipedia in there, or do a virtual tour of my own choosing. or just use the place as a jumping off point for my own thoughts....


I can't wait until layar bring out a useable augmented reality app.




and i can't wait until normal interpretation in museums, art galleres, shops, airports, newspapers, everywhere looks a bit more like this:



I think information and representation is going to get so much easier. I think layers of information will be SO MUCH FUN. we will be able to see anything in anything, the object will become largely meaningless without interpretation, and for the first time (like the written bible made the democratisation of Gods word) we will be able to chose our story.

I am impatient for the future.

No comments: